Sunday 8 January 2012

Happy 2012

Happy New Year from a peerie house by the sea in Burra, Shetland. Welcome too to my new blog, my first ever blog. After years of traveling around, working abroad and thinking it would be a great way to keep contact with people, I'm only now getting round this after having moved back home to Shetland, albeit that was over 2 years ago now. With 2012 has come new inspiration though, with an invite to travel to the States to do some fiddling in a National Theatre of Scotland production, so I figured it was time to get the blog moving, and build a home for memories of my fiddling travels, or whatever else might be going on in life! I've named the site LyndaFiddle which is an alias I chose for an email address years ago and I've come to think of it as my fiddle-playing self, which has co-existed with my research science and other working self over the years. I like to live by the philosophy that life should never be predictable and you have to grab opportunities when they fly past. I hope to document some of those tales in the blogs ahead... here's to health and happiness in the year ahead. Lx

2 comments:

  1. Good idea! Good luck!

    The NTS might want to link it this from their own site, or link into the relevant content for their own blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! and welcome home to U.S. Stay well.

    ReplyDelete